Designed with the armed citizen in mind, and based on real-world principles and shooting fundamentals, this 2 day class is intended to develop skill and confidence with tactical rifles and carbines.
This class is tailored specifically for AR-15 pattern firearms, but other center-fire arms may be used, such as AK’s, FAL’s, M1A’s, etc…
This class is fast paced, and involves some fairly strenuous activity including walking, running, and time spent in the prone shooting position as well as various field positions.
Topics Covered Include:
- Rifle setup, configuration and accessories
- Battlesight zero with iron sights and optics
- Trigger and recoil management
- Maximizing cover and concealment with shooting positions
- Shooting on the move
- Weapon transitions, manipulations and malfunctions
- Engaging targets at CQB and intermediate ranges
- Team tactics fundamentals
- A functional rifle or carbine equipped with iron sights and a sling. (red-dots or low-magnification optics are also acceptable)
- At least 5 reliable magazines (Magpul PMAG’s or GI metal mags are preferred)
- Ammunition – 1000 rounds of quality practice ammunition. (This class will involve shooting at steel targets, please do not bring steel jacketed, steel core – A.K.A. green tip, armor piercing, tracer, incendiary or other exotic ammunition types)
- Handgun and strong-side holster with 100 rounds of pistol ammo and at least 2 magazines
- Personal Protective Equipment: Hearing protection (muffs, plugs, or both), and eye protection (ANSI Z.87 or MilSpec strongly recommended)
- Water, lunch, snacks
- Rain/Sun gear and sunscreen, or bug repellant as necessary
- Other range gear as needed (mag loaders, tools, etc…) Load bearing gear (chest rig or battle belt) is not required for this class, but you are welcome to use them. We strongly recommend keeping extra gear to a minimum.
Course Fees and Requirements
$300 per person (+tax where applicable) payable in full on class start date.
Class Size = 8
Class fee includes all training materials as well as the use of a rifle if you do not already own one. Ammunition is available at current market prices.