Adaptive Defense Concepts’ 2 Day Defensive Pistol Elements course is recommended for experienced shooters seeking to improve their defensive handgun skills.
This is not a basic concealed carry class!
Topics Covered Include:
- Handgun effectiveness
- Proper draw and presentation
- Increasing speed and accuracy
- Position shooting
- Reloads and malfunctions
- Strong hand/weak hand shooting
- Multiple targets
- Movement and use of cover
- A working defensive handgun (We suggest a semi-automatic pistol such as a Glock or Smith and Wesson M&P in 9mm, 40 S&W, or .45 ACP. Revolvers are acceptable but please do not bring magnums – use reduced loads such as .38 special or .44 special)
- At least 3 magazines or speed loaders (preferably more)
- Quality strong-side belt holster and magazine pouch (holster must be rigid and stay open when pistol is drawn. We strongly advise against holsters with retention mechanisms that align the trigger finger with the trigger e.g. Blackhawk Serpa)
- Ammunition – 1000 rounds quality practice ammo. *steel jacketed (Wolf, Tula, etc…) brands are not recommended as they cause safety issues with steel targets.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Hearing protection (muffs, plugs, or both), and eye protection (ANSI Z.87 or MilSpec strongly recommended)
- Water, lunch, snacks
- Rain/Sun gear and sunscreen, or bug repellant as necessary
- Other range gear as needed (mag loaders, tools, etc…
Course Fees and Requirements
$300 (+tax where applicable) per person, payable in full on class start date..
Class Size = 8